Chicago was the venue for the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and American Society of Ophthalmic and Reconstructive Surgery Meetings (ASOPRS) from November 8-12, 2012.
Dr. Montes participated in Dr. Jeff Nerad Study group and presented three cases to demonstrate his approach on the Cosmetic Patient evaluation.
Course 321 – Oculoplastic Procedures for the Comprehensive Ophthalmologist was succesfully Directed by Dr. Robert Kersten and faculty including: Dr. Francesco Bernardini (Genova, Italy) Dr. Carlo De Conciliis (Milano, Italy) Dr. Martin Devoto (Buenos Aires, AR) and Dr. José R. Montes (Puerto Rico).
Skill transfer lab with cadavers for teaching blepharoplasty techniques using different cutting modalities was directed by Dr. Keith Carter and included Dr. Jose R Montes as one of the Instructors.
1. Cosmetic Patient Evaluation
2. Oculofacial plastic surgery form function finese
3. Dr. Montes and Dr. Lucarelli after the fantastic thyroid disease symposium organized by dr. Lucarelli
4. Dr. Montes with colleagues from Israel and Chile
5. Faculty of course 321. Dr. Montes Dr. Devoto Dr. Bernardini and dr. De Concillis
6. Faculty of course directed by Dr. Bob Kersten
7. Oculoplastic presentation
8. Upper lid blepharoplasty
9. Instructors for Dr. Carter course in surgical techniques of blepharoplasty
10. Dr. Montes showing surgical techniques using the CO2 laser
13. Celebration after a job well done!!!