Juvederm Vollure XC is the first and only Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Dermal Filler that is FDA-approved for the correction of moderate to severe wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, that lasts up to 18 months.
Why does volume loss matter?
Over time, your face changes in many ways. This is part of the normal aging process, but genetics and environmental factors also play a role. You may notice a change in the appearance of your skin, typically in the form of deepening parentheses lines and wrinkles. But what may be less obvious is age-related midface volume loss.
What causes parentheses lines?
Parentheses lines are static lines that appear when your face is at rest. This happens over time as your skin loses some of the building blocks (hyaluronic acid and collagen) that give the skin its structure.
Write Your Story Without Parentheses
Over time, your skin loses elasticity, which contributes to moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth. While serums and creams work on the skin’s surface, Juvederm Vollure XC adds volume to smooth these lines and folds, to help give you the subtle, long-lasting results you want.
Juvederm Vollure XC Before and After Gallery
Juvederm Vollure XC smooths moderate to severe parentheses lines and folds for up to 1 year with optimal treatment. It uses VYCROSS® technology to soften moderate to severe facial lines and wrinkles for up to 18 months with optimal treatment.
Actual patient. Results may vary. Unretouched photos taken before treatment and 2 weeks after treatment. A total of 2.3mL of JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC was injected in the parentheses, corner and marionette lines.
JUVEDERM VOLLURE XC injectable gel is for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial folds (such as nasolabial folds) in adults over 21. It softens moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles by adding volume to the lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth to produce subtle and long-lasting results for up to 18 months.
More About Juvederm Vollure XC
Juvederm Vollure XC is formulated with Allergan’s proprietary VYCROSS®technology, which blends different molecular weights of hyaluronic acid, contributing to the gel’s duration.
Now with Juvederm Vollure XC, the advanced VYCROSS® technology yields a custom engineered injectable gel product which was studied in the nasolabial folds, the number one dermal treatment area. It delivers a long-lasting result, up to 18 months, that patients appreciate.
Juvederm Vollure XC is specifically tailored with a balance of gel firmness and low cohesivity, yielding a versatile formulation that adds subtle volume for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. «What’s exciting about Juvederm Vollure XC is that it was shown to last up to 18 months from the initial or touch-up injection in a majority of subjects, which is the longest lasting result shown in a clinical study in the nasolabial folds,» said Dr. Joely Kaufman, a board-certified dermatologist , nd clinical trial investigator. «As the number of patients seeking dermal filler treatments continues to grow, I am pleased that the technology created by Allergan has also followed that same trend, with a full range of products that will allow for tailoring of treatment based on specific patient needs.»
The most common side effects seen in the clinical study were temporary injection site responses at the treatment site such as swelling, tenderness, bruising, firmness lumps/bumps, redness, pain, discoloration, and itching. Most of these side effects were resolved within 1 week.
JUVEDERM VOLLURE™ XC Important Information
Juvederm Vollure XC injectable gel is for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds in adults over the age of 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive JUVEDERM VOLLURE XC injectable gel?
Do not use this product if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in this product.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of this product for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of Juvederm Vollure XC in patients under 22 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of Juvederm Vollure XC in areas other than facial wrinkles and folds have not been established in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (e.g., hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of this product may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with this product may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of this product may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
The most commonly reported side effects with Juvederm Vollure XC injectable gel included injection-site redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. Most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 7 days or less.
One of the risks of using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and, while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin-injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
More information at www.juvederm.com/juvederm-xc.